we’re throwing our annual sinterklaas dinner (husband is dutch so sinterklaas is their christmas celebration that starts on december 5th) this saturday and since there is going to be about 10-14 people, we opted out on doing a family style dinner. instead, it will be a variety of vegetarian appetizers and desserts. currently, i am thinking of making:
• variety of homemade breads
• variety of bread toppings: hummus, spinach dip, cheeses, olive oils
• caprese skewers
• vegetarian spinach quiches
• mushrooms stuffed with brie (courtesy of pioneer woman that we made sunday night, pure deliciousness!):
• chocolate chip cheesecake bites with crushed candy cane
• dutch apple pie
• pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies
but this is all that i could come up. most of the menu is based on items that i can pre-make so i don’t have to spend all day saturday in the kitchen. but i’m just wondering if this is enough variety? should i provide another dish or two for the appetizers/desserts since we won’t be providing a real meal?
normally i am okay with meat being cooked/served in our home (since i’m the only vegetarian) but i can’t handle the smell of cooking meat since being pregnant so the holiday menu needs to be vegetarian.
does anyone have other suggestions to add to this menu?
thank thank thanks in advance :-)